Andrew A. Gorlick
New York Lawyer
Andrew A. Gorlick is a graduate of Cornell University, School of Industrial Labor Relations. He received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 1985 where he graduated on the Dean's List.
His areas of concentration include labor law, ERISA and federal litigation. Andrew provides advice and counsel to unions on Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) compliance and internal union administration, and has served as special counsel during numerous trusteeships.
Andrew provides counsel on the operation of multi-employer plans, the implementation of benefit plan mergers and acquisitions, and for audits, investigation, and lawsuits involving plan participants and governmental agencies. He provides counsel on the operation of pension, health and welfare plans, and implementation of benefit plan mergers and acquisitions. He advises multi-employer plans regarding audits, investigation, and lawsuits involving plan participants, fiduciaries, and regulatory agencies.
Andrew is a mediator appointed by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He is a member of the AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee. He is well known and widely respected within the construction industry for his ability to negotiate and achieve results on behalf of his union clients.
- 1986, New York and U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 1998, U.S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of New York
- Fordham University, J.D., 1985
- Cornell University, B.S. I.L.R., 1982
- Brooklyn and American (Member, Labor Law Section) Bar Associations
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- Mediator, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Arbitrator, New York City Civil Court, 1994-1995
- Brooklyn, New York