Judith Happe is a matrimonial and family law attorney with over 24 years of experience. Judith earned her Juris Doctorate from Brooklyn Law School in 1997. Judith represents clients in matrimonial and family law matters involving: divorce; evaluation and distribution of assets and liabilities in divorce; contested custody and parental access; child support; spousal maintenance; post-judgment modification and enforcement of support and custody orders; paternity; Orders of Protection; and the validity of matrimonial agreements. Judith also represents clients in the drafting and negotiation of prenuptial, post-nuptial and separation agreements.
Judith understands and respects the intricacies of family relationships. She knows that every client, every family, and every legal situation is different and her aim is to preserve those relationships rather than tear them apart. Judith recognizes the goal is to come to a reasonable resolution that enables all members of the family to move forward with their lives, and to that end, she tries to minimize both the financial and emotional toll that inevitably results when families are in conflict.
- New York State Bar, 1998
- J.D. Brooklyn Law School, 1997
- M.A. New York University, Gallatin School, 1995
- B.A. St. Mary’s University, 1987
- 10 Best Attorneys: Client Satisfaction Award for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service
- Issued by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
2016, 2017, 2018
- Valuation Strategies in Divorce: Valuation of Specialty or Novelty Assets
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Chapter 8 Update for Feb. 2017 Supplement:
- 8.7: Professional Licenses and Degrees
- 8.8: New York's Former Unique Treatment of Licenses, Professional Degrees, and Enhanced Earning Capacity