Bruce L. Listhaus
New York and New Jersey Lawyer
Bruce L. Listhaus graduated summa cum laude from Brooklyn College and received his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1987. A versatile practitioner with a strong transactional background, Bruce is responsible for our personal counseling group as well as the overall management of the firm.
Admitted in New York and New Jersey, Bruce’s areas of concentration include real estate, corporate and union governance, employee benefits, and employment related matters. He has substantial experience handling sales and purchases of commercial and residential properties, commercial leases and licenses on behalf of both landlords and tenants and dealing with a wide variety of title and financing considerations. Bruce also acts as counsel to many large and small companies on the entire range of benefit and employment issues, and advises employees regarding employment agreements, severance agreements, and discrimination and benefit claims.
Bruce has worked on behalf of legal service plans and with union members and trust fund administrators his entire career. During that time, he has represented individual laborers, laborer locals and trust funds in many capacities. Bruce is a member of the New York State Bar Association and has provided counsel to the boards of both for profit and not-for-profit corporations. He is active in many community projects and has been honored by the New York State Senate for his civic and charitable activities.
Bruce works closely with the many clients he represents, including corporate CEO’s and comptrollers, International and Local Union Officers, Trust Fund Trustees and Administrators, and corporate and organizational directors ensuring that the needs of their members and participants are tended to and that the interests of the entities are protected. He also uses his firm but mild manner to communicate his clients’ positions and to resolve issues as non-contentiously as possible. This allows him to work effectively and efficiently with clients, other professionals and adversaries. These traits combined with his genuine care and concern for his clients and colleagues, his reputation for integrity and his competence in his areas of practice has resulted in the development of strong relationships between Bruce and his clients.
- 1987, New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- 1988, New York
- 1993, U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 2010, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, B.A., summa cum laude, 1984
- New York State Bar Association
- Alpha Sigma Lambda
- Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Gorlick, Kravitz & Listhaus, P.C., New York, NY, Managing Partner, Personal Counseling Group and Real Estate Department Chair, Labor and Employment Department, ERISA Department, 1994-present
- Levin & Weissman, New York, NY, Real Estate Department, 1987-1994; Legal Services Department Chair, 1989-1994; Litigation Department, 1992-1994
- New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel
- Agudath Israel of America, Vaad Hanhala (Lay Board) Member, 2007 - Present
- Agudath Israel Bais Binyamin, Board Member, President, 1997-1999; Rabbinical Search Committee Chair, 1997-1998, 2008-2009
- Prospect Park Yeshiva, Board of Trustees, 1991-2005
- Yeshiva Torah Vodaath, Seminary, 1980-1984